Wednesday 11 September 2013

More results from the Tzav Rishon...Kaba, Dapar, Michve Alon, and finding strength in frustration

This week I have found out three very important results from my Tzav Rishon. The first two were my Kaba and Dapar. The Kaba is your "personal classification" score and the Dapar is your "intelligence" score. In the latter, I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but at least I passed the threshold required of any candidate for officers' school (if I were to want to do that one day).

My Kaba is 53 out of 56, which again is not the top but it's fairly decent and again, allows me the theoretical opportunity for officers' school in the future. To be honest, I still have no idea what the marking criteria is. But those are my scores!

Though the scores were decent, they weren't necessarily what I was hoping for (although they will have no effect on which unit I end up drafting to). Added to which, I received the utterly surprising news that according to my tests I will have to go to Michve Alon. Michve Alon is the army Ulpan - a 3 month Hebrew education programme. Though you begin your army service at the start of Michve, every single person has said that it's a waste of three months. I just don't understand why I have been officially placed there, along with half of my garin. Every guy, bar one from the garin, has been told that they have to go to Michve. Statistically this makes no sense, given the fact that in the previous garin here on Lavi for instance, only 1 out of 25 or so had to go.

Having to go to Michve also complicates things with applying for certain units. It's all a little confusing but bottom line, I am fighting with everything I have not to go there.

Coupled with the above frustrations, I have the added pressure of not yet knowing my medical profile, the crucial results from the Tzav Rishon. As I've said, I have my appointment with the cardiologist on Sunday and I will hopefully know then. 

So it's been a frustrating and sobering week to say the least. Everything seems up in the air and uncertain. However, the way I see it, at least I get this merit to feel frustrated on this Aliyah journey as a lone soldier. In an ideal world of course, none of these annoyances would exist. However they do, and that's life. All I can do is work my hardest, push my hardest and give my all. Because despite the difficult uncertainties that I'm facing, I'm here and I will give my all to serve. This is my dream.

So I will carry on training hard, working hard on my Hebrew, and I will update the blog once I receive my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment