Tuesday 21 May 2013

Aliyah file and Lone Soldier benefits

This afternoon I got a phone call from Garin Tzabar, telling me I had passed the interview. I am now officially a member of Garin Tzabar.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I had my first meeting with the Jewish Agency to sort out my Aliyah file. Seeing as this blog's primary intention is to be as informative as possible, here is how the system works.


  1. Give the Jewish Agency a call
  2. Register online (lots of fun forms)
  3. Meeting no. 1 to open the file
  4. Your file is then sent to the Israeli Ministry of Absorption to be approved
  5. Once approved, your passport is then sent to be stamped with an Aliyah visa
  6. Meeting no. 2 to book your free flight
I would recommend beginning the process as early as possible (something I didn't do). 

I compiled a list of all the benefits and rights that a Lone Soldier, who makes Aliyah, receives. It can be a bit confusing if you're researching, so I've done my best to make sense of it.

Sal Klita (Absorption Basket)

August –                  1250 (at airport)
                                 1381 (after bank account is opened)  
September –            2573
October –                2573
November –            2573                  352          (extra after Yom Giyus)
December-                                        352
January –                                          352
February –                                        352
March –                                             352
April –                                               352
May –                                                352
June –                                                352
July –                                                 352
August –                                             352
September –                                       352
October –                                           352
November –                                       352
Total:                      18,069 (the rest being given after the army)                                               
                                                           4224       = 22,293 NIS


Army

1400 NIS/month

Nefesh B’Nefesh

5,500 NIS (On Yom Giyus, drafting day)

Rent

Misrad HaBinui v’HaShikun – after one year, 402NIS/month
745 rent + 305 bills = 1050 NIS/month (no local tax during service and 4 months after)

Supersal (a supermarket chain)

120 NIS/month (on Choger)

RIGHTS
  • ·         30-day leave per year and can travel abroad during regular leave
  • ·         1 free flight (after training)
  • ·         Yom siddurim – 1day/month (during training) 1day/2 months (after training)
  • ·         Early leave on Fridays with free weekend, to be home by 12pm
  • ·         Parent visit – 8 days/year
     I hope that makes things marginally clearer for anyone looking into these things.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kosky, I am doing the same in June 2014, so the more information the better !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still confused ha... I thought the sal klita stopped all together once we start the army ps that's for this info

    ReplyDelete